Friday, March 19, 2010

Another Beautiful Day for Running

It's Friday, so that's a good thing. And the weather is absolutely perfect for running, which makes a great day even better. As such, I took my lunchtime run outside yet again for a lovely jog around the City, and the campus of the University of Toronto.

In keeping with my mantra for the week I was only concerned with keeping my heart rate under 140bpm, thereby ensuring that I was not running too fast. After some abdominal exercises and stretching at the gym I took off and had a lovely run of 8km. My average heart rate was 136bpm, which was awesome, and my pace was a decent 5:36/km (9:04/mile). It felt really easy running like this, and I think this approach is really what I need to hold me back. As I continue to increase my weekly mileage I need to limit my pace to the long and easy variety. This is helping me stay true to the plan, and so I am happy. Just hoping it helps me reach my mileage goals so that I can start running a bit faster sometimes, for running faster is also fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home