Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Sunny Lunchtime Run

For the second Tuesday in a row the weather allowed me to pass right on by the treadmills and head outside for my run. Last week I pushed the pace a little bit, and even though it felt comfortable I was a bit sore as a result. This week I just wanted to run really easy and today was the start. So, the plan was to keep the heart rate under 140bpm and the pace steady, not worrying about how fast I was actually running.

I ran pretty much the same route as last time, but I stretched it out a little bit because I was just having such a good time running. Glad I did too because I had an unexpected chance encounter with my wife! She was going for a walk and spotted me running towards her on the trail. Normally she doesn't work anywhere near me (though that is changing soon), but because she was on the west side of downtown for a course we were able to cross paths.

After chatting for a minute or two I was off again and retraced my steps along the waterfront back to the office. In the end I ran 10km at a relatively easy pace of 5:46/km (9:17/mile) and at an average heart rate of 135bpm. Mission accomplished! Felt like I could have kept running for a long, long time...

And the Garmin, once again, messed up the data while I was running around big buildings. What a joke...

And did you hear about the guy who died while running on the beach when he was hit by a small airplane that was making an emergency landing? The article implies that it was the runner's wearing of an iPod which prevented him from hearing the airplane bearing down on him from behind. I'm no pilot or aircraft engineer, but I assume that a plane without it's engines on makes ZERO noise and I really don't think they come equipped with horns. It's crazy out there - be safe!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home