Thursday, January 29, 2009

Keeping the Faith

This afternoon I was contemplating yet another skipped run (in this case tomorrow's) on account of the knee pain as well as the technical and logistical issues that would inevitably arise with me trying to transfer this blog to my new domain. As far as the run goes I think it is likely off since my knee is still not well, but the website was a pleasant surprise. I thought that the process would take days and a lot of wrangling with tech support to get everything from the old domain to the new. In the end the fine folks at Stormweb made the whole process easy as pie. (Now, I've never baked a pie from scratch, but making one using one of those frozen ready-made crusts is pretty easy indeed!) If anyone is looking for reliable, affordable, and helpful hosting services check out this company - you won't be disappointed.

Anyway, as you may already see, the old wonky domain now redirects to this slightly less wonky one. For those who come and read my blog on a regular basis I very much appreciate you taking the time to do so and hope that you will update your readers to the new address. Your continued support is in no small way responsible for motivating me in this running and general health endeavour, especially through all the aches and pains that seem to continually plague my inferior skeleton.

As far as running goes I choose to think positively about my knee ailment, which kept me from running last night. This is a typical case of runner's knee, where I feel the pain right in front just under the kneecap. I can run through the pain, and in fact as I warm up it goes away, but I know that this is not a good thing to do so I am staying off of it right now. I may even have to skip tomorrow's run, with my next one hopefully planned for Sunday when we are in Ottawa.

With all that in mind, I managed to do some other exercise related stuff yesterday evening. I did some push ups (45-55-35-50) and sit ups (50-50-50-50), as well as a bunch of hip flexor stuff that I should have been doing all through December. Stupid me! It was the perfect time to get my core in shape for my return to running, and now I am paying the price. Oh well, live and learn. I still have lots of time to prepare for the Around the Bay race at the end of March (or at least I keep telling myself that I do).

Today I managed another lunchtime swim. As mentioned previously it is getting more and more difficult to stay motivated for these sessions, but I know that as long as my legs keep me from running as much as I would like the swimming will at least help to keep my heart in some semblance of "shape". I managed another 1500m in 22:30 and then had to get back to work on account of the all popular conference call for which I'm sure you all share my affection...

Tonight, in between folding clothes and flipping channels on the TV, I did some more chin ups: 5-5-5-5-5 pull ups and 6-6-6-6-6 chin ups. I don't know when I will ever get to 20 in a row, but for now I have decided to pay more attention to my legs. When my knee is better I will get into doing lunges and squats on top of doing the hip flexor and ass strengthening routine.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm glad to see it all went smoothly. I've subscribed to the new feed.

January 30, 2009 at 1:13 AM  
Blogger nwgdc said...

New Feed up and running! Now, on to you...

to say the least, "redbookdigital" was a bit wonky.

January 30, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home