Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold Gone, Still Cold

Feeling well enough to run this evening I set off for another slow'n'steady 5k right after getting home (since the rest of the family had not arrived home yet, I figured what the hell!?!). Although the snot has tapered off and I only went through half a box of tissues today, I definitely had some more energy. And even though the temperature outside is warm by the standards set over the past two weeks (-7C when I took off), it felt colder somehow, probably on account of the damp air that's hanging over the city right now. It took me a while to get warmed up, and that perhaps explains my inability to stick to the prescribed pace...

This was evident on my run, though I didn't realize it until I plugged the Garmin into the computer and saw the details. As you know, my plan has been to keep the pace in the slowish 6:00/km range (9:40/mile). Tonight I managed the 5k in a faster than intended 27:59 at an average pace of 5:35/km (8:59/m). My fastest kilometre was 5:17, and the only one that was on target was the first, which I managed in 6:05. I guess I have to watch the watch a bit more for more than just heart rate (average: 142) and distance...

Garmin don't lie.


View Larger Map

Now I am feeling up to doing some push ups and sit ups. Although I am in the middle of the sets here I feel confident that I will do the usual routine before signing off for the evening.

Push ups: 45-55-35-30
Sit ups: 25-25-25-25-25-25

Boy, it is nice to be running again!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Frayed Laces said...

HOLY GUACAMOLE! That's a ton of pushups!

January 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

My running and pushups are both on hiatus as I've got the snots!

January 22, 2009 at 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling much better. Great job sticking with the pushups and sit ups.

January 22, 2009 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Glad the cold is gone!
I've been getting back to push ups as well but my numbers are nothing like yours. That's great!

January 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Nice you were able to get out for a run! And that you are feeling better...

January 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home