Thursday, January 15, 2009

Enjoying the Cold

Today was another cold day in the Big Smoke - a crisp -19C this morning! When I went out this afternoon for my lunchtime swim it was -13C and I have to admit that it felt absolutely perfect. It's all about perspective I suppose. It also looks like it will be about -13C on Saturday when we once again venture north for some x-country skiing and I wonder how that will feel. Isn't it funny how the same temperature can feel nice in one context and really not pleasant at all in another?

I had extra motivation for swimming today as well - I had received a couple of emails from UofT stating that I would have to move my locker by the 16th or they would have to cut my lock and move the contents for me on account of some maintenance that would be happening in the area directly above my locker. Now my new locker is in a shitty location, down low by the floor with no bench in front of it and far away from the showers. Oh well, at least I still seem to have access to the pool.

The swim went OK, though my shoulders were tired. I did 5 sets of 200m on 3:00 intervals, and then 10 sets of 100m on 1:40, making sure to come in at least on the 1:25 and getting a 15s break. It was easier on the brain to break it up into sets I found, rather than doing the whole 2000m straight.

Tomorrow I hope to venture out in the cold for another 5k run, and then do more push ups and sit ups before getting everything ready for skiing on Saturday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nwgdc said...

You're absolutely right--it's all about perspective! Embrace it! Getting mad about it or avoiding it won't change a thing!

January 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home