Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Busy Day

It was sloppy, wet, and cold today, making it a less than pleasant experience biking around the city. It was going to be difficult to get everything done in time using public transit, so I biked anyway.

It allowed me to swim at lunch. I did 1000m straight and my shoulders were aching something fierce. I then decided to do 10x100m on 1:40 intervals, and that was good except for the Bahama short wearing guy and Mr. No Goggles, both of whom apparently self identify as "fast" and parked themselves in the same lane. Aaarrrrgggghhhhhhh.... The total was 2000m in about 33 minutes, and my lats were pretty close to cramping at the end.

In the afternoon I had to jet on back home, pick up the car (after shoveling out the hard packed snow at the front of the driveway), grab the kids skates, head on over to Rack Attack to get the last piece to the roof rack I bought last weekend, go get Malcolm and meet Monica at the daycare, drive back home to find Malcolm's helmet, head over to the rink for his skating lessons (while Monica was off to get Owen)... I had a good time on the ice with Malcolm, though he is not completely sold on the concept as of yet.

Then, this evening, I spent two hours putting together the roof rack and installing it on the car. We now have a great way to transport our skis, though it was super fiddly getting this thing, which explains the two hours spent trying.

No chin ups this evening since it got pretty late and the whole lat cramping thing, and I have to get some sleep. I'm wiped!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger BeachRunner said...

Wow. Hope you got good sleep last night.

January 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Frayed Laces said...

Wow! Great swim workout!

January 10, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home