Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back on the Push Ups

Just a quick post so that I can continue to keep track of my continued efforts towards achieving 100 consecutive push ups. I have lost quite a bit of strength over the Holidays, partly due to the stomach virus and partly due to the copious amounts of food, junk or otherwise, that I've been ingesting.

I started back on the plan a couple of days ago, though I felt really uninspired and couldn't even be bothered to turn on the computer and verify what the Week 5 Day 1 workout was supposed to be. I did 35-45-40-30 for a total of 150 and couldn't even attempt a max out set.

Tonight I did the Week 5 Day 2 workout and managed 19-19-22-22-18-18-22 and then maxed out at 62 for a total of 202 push ups. It was really tough, and I think going back to Week 5 of the plan is the right move. Better late than never, right?

Also, yesterday we spent the entire day cross country skiing with the boys and then did awesome! We were planning on a short introduction, maybe an hour or two, just to ease them into it prior to their lessons starting this Saturday. They both loved it so much that we ended spending 6 hours on the trails! I will bring my Garmin next time and hopefully get to go out on my own once to get a real workout in. The foot still aches; what else is new...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm back on the pushups bandwagon again as well. Hopefully this time it sticks!

December 31, 2008 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

I am just ignoring the push ups altogether. Maybe I can make anti-resolutions this year...

Wishing you many happy miles, easy laps, and many many hurts-so-good pushing in 2009.

December 31, 2008 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

202 push ups! That is awesome.
I could probably barely do 25.
I will have to add them to my training.
Haave a great New Year.

January 1, 2009 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Great job. Even after the virus and eating binge, your push up totals are very impressive. Happy New Year.

January 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

YOu are da bomb with those push ups. Dang!

January 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home