Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Swimming, Potluck, and Chinups

Last night I changed the back wheel on my bike and now I feel a bit safer. The other wheel was pretty old and saw me through my bike courier days and beyond, almost a decade! The new wheel works great and I am back in business for the rest of the winter, but am seriously considering going to a fixed gear track bike in the Spring for simplicity's sake.

I did get to the pool at lunch today and managed 2000m non-stop, though at about the 400m mark I was having real doubts that I would manage to finish. My shoulders were aching like crazy, most likely from all the push ups I've been doing.

Tonight saw us at Owen's Beaver Potluck Christmas Dinner, which is a mouthful to say and to eat. It was fun, the kids ate lots and behaved well. What more can a parent ask?

We got them home and in bed a little late, and then I did some more chin ups. I managed 8-8-7-6-6 pull ups and 8-8-7-6-6 chin ups for a total of 70. That's the most I've managed in one round since I started, but I am still having real trouble believing that I'll be able to do 20 in a row anytime soon.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice swim. Glad the kids behaved. That always makes for a great night.

December 17, 2008 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Nice swim and awesome work on the pull/chin ups. Way to go, homie.

Just dont push yourself so hard on these chinups that you end up with a wonky arm or something. Capisce?

December 17, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

I can't stand chin ups due to my unusually weak arms.

Happy Festivus.

December 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job with the swim. It's amazing how you can feel so out of sorts early in a workout, but manage to find a rhythm and finish it when you didn't think you could. Good job!

December 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger B. Kramer said...

Those track bikes are all the rage around my parts. Good progress on those chin ups.

December 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

YOu really can't ask for more than the kids behaving! That's a miracle in itself LOL

December 17, 2008 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

You can actually bike in the snow? They must be better at clearing the streets in T.O. than Ottawa!

December 18, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home