Monday, December 8, 2008

Just Git'R Done!

The paper, though technically due tomorrow, has been submitted! I am not very happy with the actual paper, but very pleased to have the bloody thing finished. I decided to submit it a day early because I knew I'd have no interest in working on it tonight. Why? Because I had some soldering to do!

Yes, the car needs an auxiliary input, and I will oblige. So, I purchased a special kit from this place on the interweb to convert the CD Changer input on the back of the stock radio to an auxiliary input (so that I can plug in my IPod or satellite radio and not have to replace the entire radio). Anyway, I bought a panel-mount 3.5mm input at the local surplus store for a buck, cut one of the many RCA cables I've managed to collect over the years, and soldered the two together with much success. This thing I ordered to plug the RCA ends of this contraption into arrived same day as shipped (amazingly!) and now I have all the pieces I need to start dismantling the dash and installing this. I didn't take pictures of the soldering process, for fear of burns as a result of distraction (ie. laziness), but might document the whole dismantling process. I'll do so not just to share with all the Honda owners out there who are pining for an aux input, but also so that I can have some evidence of how the dash was taken apart in case I have trouble putting it back together.

On the exercise and injury front, the push ups were hard and the foot still continues to hurt. It has been more than two weeks and still I am not pain free. I am getting worried that this may be a much longer layoff than anticipated.

The push ups were difficult partly because of the number and partly because I didn't get to them until after 10pm (and after eating a pretty hefty steak for dinner). As per the hundred push ups challenge program for Week 6 Day 1 I did 45-55-35-30 and then maxed out at 65 for a total of 230.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If it is still an acute pain two weeks later, you might need to have someone take a look at it.

December 9, 2008 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Awwwhhh bummer on the foot :-( But hey at least on the bright side, right now is the perfect season for not running hehe.

December 9, 2008 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

Grats on the paper getting done, such a relief. Time to celebrate.

December 9, 2008 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Congratulations on the paper!
Sorry about the foot :-(

December 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Congrats on the paper! Give that foot the time it needs.

December 9, 2008 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger nwgdc said...

good thing the weather is terrible at the moment, as it'll help with the foot...right?

it's inspiring that despite your foot you're still pounding out the pushups!

December 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home