Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Waiting, Wonky Ankle and All...

Or perhaps the title of my blog should be changed to "Waiting, Wonky Plantar Fascia and All"? Like other running bloggers I am faced with the prospect of maintaining a running blog while unable to run. Even though I am early in the process, already I find the task tedious... Where is my creative side? Maybe THAT's what's stuck in the bottom of my foot causing all this pain!?!

Then again, maybe not...

Since I am not running, I am now contemplating other ways to stay in decent cardiovascular shape. I already swim twice a week, and may add one more into the mix. I bike to and from work every day, but that amounts to between 15 and 20k and I can't really call it a workout since I never really get my heart rate up even when I try to go hard. (I have a Frankenbike that is modified to one gear and I cruise pretty easily with it, but when I push harder I just spin out.) I am also thinking that maybe picking up a stationary bike somewhere and sticking it in my house might be a good idea since I would be able to get on that thing every evening for a bit and burn some calories.

But those are all ideas at the moment, and likely will have to wait until I am finished school. For today I managed another round of push ups and some ab stuff. The push ups went better than on Monday as I did 25-29-25-25 and then maxed out at 54 for a total of 158. Then I did the exceedingly boring crunches in sets of 50, all three of them for 150. I actually did more push ups than crunches! How pathetic is that? I also started back on some hip flexor and glute exercises since I have let these slip for a long time and figure it can't hurt to do them again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger nwgdc said...

Wow, take pride in how motivated you are! I ran for the first time in a while tonight out of sheer BOREDOM. Still, you're pumping out pushups, situps, swimming...sheesh. That's it, I'm slamming this glass of vino and going on a run (probably not).

If you need a pat on the back, take a look at my site...I'm pretty sure the sidebar still contains a thing about starting the 100 pushup challenge...and is yet to be filled in :(

November 27, 2008 at 12:29 AM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Good thing you are being flexible and cross training!!

November 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger X-Country2 said...

Your determination is admirable! Way to keep at it. Good luck with the recovery.

November 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home