Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Mostly Uneventful Day

Not much to report other than:

1. I got my flu shot today, and my shoulder feels like someone punched it a little bit.

2. I got in the pool at lunchtime again for another 2000m, this time in about 29 minutes.

I should mention that last night Monica and I started our own little 100 push up challenge. I did 14-18-14-14-35. The goal is to loosely follow the 100 push up challenge of Internet fame and to achieve 100 by Christmas.

Added to this I have started doing lots of pull ups since I put the chin up bar in the door to our bedroom (is there a difference between a "pull up" and a "chin up"?) Pretty much every time I enter or leave the room I do 5, though this is not likely to continue. However, I did a set tonight that consisted of 7-5-4 wide grip overhand, and 6-5-5 close grip underhand. Later I will get some ab work done, and do another easy and short set of lunges. The last time I did this (sometime last week) I only did 10 lunges on each leg and I definitely felt it the next day. Pathetic, I know! But that is why I have made a commitment to improving my leg strength over the winter.

Right now I have to keep moving my foot from ice water to hot water, so g'night! Tomorrow? Another 5k, perhaps even in the morning...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nwgdc said...

I've been telling my wife we need to start the 100 pushup thing soon, and that's IT!

We're starting tonight! thanks for the inspiration! (although I'm not going to get a flu shot any time soon nor will i be swimming) :)

November 18, 2008 at 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great at home workout. I think the difference between pull up and chin up is the grip, hands facing in or out....or that could be a difference of something else.

November 19, 2008 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

I didn't think there was any difference between the 2? But what do I know since I can do neither :-X

November 19, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Aron said...

awesome job on all the crosstraining... i have tried to start the 100 push up challenge but didnt make it very far - BOO! i need to get going!

November 19, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

I know this one. A pull up is an overhand grip, and a chin up is an underhand grip.

November 19, 2008 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Wicked! Thanks for the clarification BR! Now, I must work to suck less at both...

November 19, 2008 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Did you swim after the flu shot? I felt like I got beat up too! I never get them and only got it for the baby's sake!! Good luck with the 100pushups, I was doing it this summer and gave up, but it was making me stronger!

November 21, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home