Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back in the Gym

After my regular lunchtime swim, where I managed another 2000m in 30 minutes (doesn't seem like I'm getting any faster yet...) I went to see the doc for another treatment. While there I brought up the whole shoe issue, and my suspicions that the current NB 1062's I've been wearing might be the cause of my foot problems. After a bit of a discussion, and a close look at the shoes I was wearing (not my running shoes since I neglected to bring them with me) it seems I might be looking for runners that offer good cushioning and some stability to support my arches. I guess that's what I will be looking for, starting this Saturday when I visit a great running store in Markham called Running Free. Apparently they really know their stuff, and I will spend as much time and try on as many shoes as possible to come up with something that will hopefully work out in the long term.

Tonight I managed to get back in the gym for some light weights. I feel pretty weak, having missed a few weeks, and I'm sure the candy I've been consuming during and post Halloween is not helping matters either. I took it real easy...

  • Crunches 50-40-30-20-10
  • Bench Press 12-12 115lbs
  • Seated Rows 12-12 100lbs
  • Lateral Flys 15-15 15lbs
  • Lat Pulldowns 12-12 115lbs
  • Dumbell Biceps Curls 12-12 25lbs
  • Triceps Extensions 15-15 50lbs

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Felice Devine said...

Good luck at the running store. I hope you can find some shoes that work well for you!

November 6, 2008 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck with finding the right shoes!

November 6, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger joyRuN said...

Oooh - good luck at the running store. I still can't believe how less injuries I get since I finally got fitted.

November 6, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Good luck with the shoes, they make a world of difference.

November 6, 2008 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Running Free is great, hope you find the right kicks!

November 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Ooooohhh good luck with the running store :-) Hope they can help!

November 7, 2008 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Getting to a really good running store is always a great idea. I had all kinds of problems with my Achillies until our local running store got me in the right shoes. I've never had a problem with my achillies since. I hope you have the same kind of success.

November 7, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

Halloween...Thanksgiving...Christmas...we've only hurdled one of the unholy three diet killers.

November 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Ah, Nitoms! I have hurdled two, for Canadian Thanksgiving came in early October for us! I wish you luck in clearing the last two hurdles.

November 7, 2008 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Yay for the running store. Good luck finding the right shoe.

November 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Hope some new shoes will work out then!!! : )

November 7, 2008 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Definitely worth spending a bit extra for good shoes.

November 8, 2008 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger Aron said...

i had some foot pain when training for SFM and then i switched shoes and it all went away... i hope new shoes do the trick for you!

November 10, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home