Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Wife says: How do you stop it?

I thought she meant, "How do you stop him?", referring to me of course, and my impending conquest of the 10k, now a mere 11 or so hours away. What precipitated this unusual, though simplistic, query? Was there a rodent in the hotel room of whose presence I was unaware? Nothing against the fine folks at Motel 6, but sometimes one just never knows what the "6" refers to now that it no longer refers to dollars-a-night. Was it the possibility of a cramp that she was readying for and needed my assistance and nutritional know how to curb should it come to pass?

No, none of the above. Instead, as I sit in a hot tub placed right beside the queen bed (strange? perhaps, but it is Niagara Falls. Oh why didn't we honeymoon at a Motel 6 dear???) my sweet bride was laughing at me as I turned the jets on and then proceeded to wonder how on earth to end the bubbles from attacking my legs.

Oh yeah, ... press the same button again.

Anyway, we made it, a little later than planned, and now we are getting psyched for the morning! A mere 2.5k from the start-finish area, we are planning to use that distance as our warm up jog. It kills me to admit that prior to this one of us will have to drive down to the same general area to pick up bibs and chips and such - racing accoutrement and swag - for I don't think running too much before the race will be too smart.

Now my legs are hot (in temperature only I'm certain) and my brow is sweat-infested. The wife is reading, and the Leafs just beat the Senators. All's good in the world, except the Series. Damn weather! Although the "fine" folks at Fox are now saying the boys of summer are about to take the field, so a game is in the offing!

And now the fine Phiily folks are playing some kids fish song in a derogatory fashion as they announce the Rays players - you gotta love Philly!!! No brotherly love on this night apparently.

And now look at the size of that flag they're unfurling during the anthem! Me thinks they're compensating for something...

Cheers y'all! Catch you on the other side of racing participaction, for tomorrow, no matter what, I will finally join the ranks of those that can lay claim to the all important "PR"!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm originally from Philadelphia. Fans in my loving home town once booed and launched a fusillade of snowballs at Santa Claus. There have been attempts, over the years, to minimize this, even to blame the victim (Santa Claus!) for being drunk and/or wearing a "tattered" suit. But I think the facts speak for themselves.

Some would argue that this partially redeems the species Philadelphius Phanaticus. I myself make no such claim. Let every man and woman judge for him- and herself.

In any case, brother, you will not have that motivating hail of snowballs helping you run faster today. It's all on you. Go do it and report back post-haste. "Post" as in blog post".

October 26, 2008 at 7:46 AM  
Blogger joyRuN said...

Good luck with your 10K conquest!

And yes. We Philly fans are PROUDLY obnoxious. Brotherly love is for our own, & even then, it has to be earned.

October 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

GOOD LUCK!!! (You should be done already . . .I think LOL) I can't wait to read how it went ;-)

October 26, 2008 at 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all went well! Can't wait to read about it.

Ha, about the fish song. We were watching too. My husband was like what it that song? It was terrible!

October 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Looking forward to the report.

October 26, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Hope the race went well!

October 26, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home