Friday, October 17, 2008

TGIF

What a week... Other than the computer issues, the loooooong trip back from Ottawa, feeling under the weather, and seeing a doctor about the foot it was pretty normal actually!

Today was a relatively quiet day at work, and I did have another treatment at the clinic. Let's just say that if one grades the value of physio or chiropractor treatments based on the amount of pain (in this case "good" pain) then I am getting my money's worth. He was working out some stuff in my quad today that was excruciating. The foot he did do some stuff on, but after the quad and hip treatment that was mild by comparison. I think it is helping in that I can localize the parts of my foot that are inflamed and no longer feel this overall pain whose origin I can't figure.

As far as running goes, today was an off day. I am planning a 10k tomorrow, hopefully in the morning although that depends on how early I can drag myself out of the house, and the outdoor temperature is sure to be icy. Biking with Owen on the way to school this morning I saw some people scraping ice off of their windshields, a sure sign of things to come. The forecast says tomorrow morning will be just above the freezing point. I guess I'd better get used to it, and Toronto is one of the warmest places to live in Canada. I love Vancouver, where it is pretty warm (relatively speaking) year round, but I'm not sure if I could handle all the rain. Toronto is usually pretty dry in the winter, with all the snow bypassing us just to the north, and temperatures jump around the freezing point sometimes to the point of frustration - like winter can't make up it's frggin' mind or something...

By hey, it's Canada and I love it!

Good luck to all running races this weekend. I apologize for not having the energy to list you here, but I am sure looking forward to reading all the race reports!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

After all that work at the chiro's, I'm glad you took the day off of running!

Yes, it is pretty nippy here this morning, but bright and sunny!! Have a good 10K, I'm heading out shortly too!

October 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Ugh, I know what you mean about the weather not being able to make up its mind. That's what we get in upstate NY, too!

October 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home