Friday, October 10, 2008

Day-Off, Trippin'

We're off to Ottawa for the Thanksgiving weekend, Canadian style, this evening. A 4.5 hour drive after work awaits, with the boys in the back hopefully falling asleep so that I can listen to the baseball game in peace (no idea who I will end up rooting for - Red Sox aren't doormats anymore, Tampa Bay shouldn't be this good yet: I'm so confused!). I'm glad that I've made Friday an off-day for just such occasions, and hope that the foot will be good enough to go for a slow 10k run tomorrow by the canal. I will be running with my wife on this occasion, and that should not only be fun, but will also force me to chill and not push the pace the way I typically do with sometime less than happy results.

The foot is feeling a bit better, but not yet 100%. I am not sure if it is smart to start running until I am completely pain free (though it is worth stating here that I haven't been in that state for the better part of a decade, so it's all relative), but I also need to balance the fact that with each passing day I am losing conditioning. I figure that if I can run between now and the race and manage the pain, then push it during the race itself, I'll be able to take some time off if the foot issue continues to linger. It's just a case of plantar fasciitis, I'm sure of it, but I don't know if I can cause major injury if I continue on my plan for the next two weeks. Anybody have any advice? I don't want to risk too much, but I also don't want to have all my training go to waste.

See y'all on the weekend, and good luck to everyone running races! I am entering Owen in the Turkey Trot on Sunday, a 1k race for kids where they get to wear a chip timer and everything! Thanks to Nat for turning me onto this event - Owen's going to love it!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger BeachRunner said...

Yay about the foot and happy holidays!

October 10, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news about the foot, enjoy your run. I'm hoping to sneak in an easy 10k myself. :)

October 10, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger joyRuN said...

I was just reading your comment to flyers26 about Def Leppard's Joe Elliott putting the Cup upside down - ROFLMAO!

Run easy with that foot - glad it feels better :)

October 10, 2008 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Marlene said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by the blog and for the congrats. :D

Happy Thanksgiving and have a lovely trip!

October 10, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Take it easy on the foot and make sure to keep it well-stretched. Hopefully you'll be fine.

Good luck to Owen!

October 10, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Aron said...

have a great weekend!! hope the foot stays feeling ok.

October 10, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

VAVA!!!

I'll be there too!!! I'm not running just spectating and cheering my friends on!!! Look for me! I'll be in bright orange and my Phoenix RnR jacket along with carrying a bell, cheering runners in......

LOOK FOR ME, I'd love to meet with you and your family!!!

October 11, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home