Friday, October 3, 2008

Crazy Busy Off-Day

It's been a day off from running only. I spent the day putting out fires at work, though not dealing with children in the same way that Maggs had to recently, but lots of people looking for answers that I could only provide if IT could provide me with the answers to my questions, which of course they could not, and I was stuck covering for them, and you can imagine the rest...

Afterwards, I had the kids to myself tonight, and that was great, though it does make it more challenging in terms of picking them up, cooking dinner, keeping them happy, getting them to bed and all the other stuff that goes with two over-energetic boys. I can't imagine how single parents do it 24/7!

Friday night is movie night, though not too strict and we don't always get a DVD, but tonight the boys and I watched Ratatouile and it was a good choice to be sure. Not too scary, not too cheesy, and lots of laughs. I really hope they don't want a rat pet now.

Now it's late and I've had it. I'm glad the day has come and gone. It's time for sleep and tomorrow morning I am up early for a slow'n'steady 10k in what will likely be just above freezing temperatures. Yikes! I did manage to pick up a pair of running pants and a long-sleeved top designed "outdoor activity" today at MEC, one of my favorite stores for all things outdoors. I saw a few other great things there, like an awesome jacket for winter running, and I'm sure they will see part of my paycheque in the not too distant future for this and other things.

And lastly, ankle's still cooperating.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like you are getting some speedy runs in! I love MEC too. I have to hold back when I enter that store!

October 4, 2008 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Yay ankle. My girls loved that movie too. Hey can you hold off on sending the cold air down here for at least a few more weeks?

October 4, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Better make sure you get those Yak Trax to go along with all the cold weather stuff:P Oy, thanks for the reminder on the winter stuff, I need a new pair (or Yak Trax) I destroyed mine last year HAHA

October 4, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Sounds like a nuts day. Hope you get some rest this weekend. Hope the 10k went well and wasn't too cold.

October 4, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were able to get some nice quality time in with the boys! You night sounds hectic, but fun!

October 4, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home