Friday, September 26, 2008

Day Off, and a New Coffee Maker

Yes, yet again I find myself with a day off, and it feels good. The ankle is a little bit sore today (more than yesterday, which puzzles the brain), but I am still optimistic for my 10k tomorrow.

While waiting for this network migration thing to really hit the fan at 5pm, I decided to walk to the local Sears and pick up a little coffee maker for my desk. I've stopped buying coffee at various places around in an effort to reduce this expense (man, this addiction can really add up over the year!), and have been drinking (yeah it's pretty bad) INSTANT COFFEE!!! Blaaaaahhhhh!!!

Well, those days are behind me now that I have one of these sitting beside me, complete with percolating sounds that sooth my jangled nerves:


It's small, comes with a mug, and a reusable filter! I am enjoying my first cup from this little machine right now, and the results are good.

Now I should also mention that, although this $20 purchase is the highlight of my day, we also blew almost a grand on a new dishwasher since our current one sucks major ass. We end up rinsing, then putting the dishes in the dishwasher, and then washing them again upon completion. Ummm, yeah... I cannot revel in the glory that will be a new dish washing slave right now since delivery and installation is not for another couple of weeks to accommodate our work schedules - damn it! Work getting in the way again! I'm sure y'all can identify with this, especially in the context of appliance delivery. Who the hell is willing to wait while the delivery people show up sometime in an 8 friggin' hour window!!! We arranged for evening delivery and weekend install, so it's all good, but we have to wait.

All the best to those running marathon and half-marathon races this weekend! Stay loose, and have fun above all! I look forward to a flurry of reports come Monday.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

OMG that's so cute!! What a nice little coffee maker. Nothing like having a fresh cup right at your desk ;-)

September 26, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger joyRuN said...

Great idea! And definitely much better than instant. "Blaah" is right.

PS - The 8a-5p window for appliance delivery doesn't work for you either, eh?

September 26, 2008 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger N.D. said...

That looks great!!
Sorry your wonky ankle is sucking.

So - we teachers like giving tests because we don't have to perform! Not to see the kiddies squirm!!

September 26, 2008 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Aron said...

hi! new reader :)

good luck at the 10k this weekend! hope the ankle is feeling better.

September 26, 2008 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Ooooh, I want one... :)

I am just not thinking about all the major appliance that are in various states of disrepair in my house waiting for the most inconvenient moment to die.

September 26, 2008 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Now I wish I liked to drink coffee.

September 27, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home