Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swimming, and The Return of the Ankle

Another lunch time swim this afternoon, and no weights tonight. I managed to squeeze in 1500m in the pool in the midst of an all-day meeting, and was considerably late getting back from the planned 30 minute lunch since I had to eat after getting out of the pool and then make my way back to the boardroom. Oh well...

I have a conference call to do with my course this evening so no time for weights. (Boo!)

My ankle has started acting up again, with some not unusual pain (for me), but more intense than I've felt it in months. I don't think this will stop me from running just yet. However, it certainly was a surprise to feel it at the beginning of yesterday's run since the ankle has been a good little joint for a while now. The pain is right where I tore the ATFL (anterior talofibular ligament in medical speak), which is odd given that this ligament is completely torn! I was hoping that today I'd be OK, but that was just wishful thinking. In any case, given my plan to scale things back a little this week the timing is not so bad. On the knee front, I continue to improve though slowly. I still feel a twinge now and then when I walk and with the odd step when running. Perhaps a couple of weeks of easy running after the race in October will cure all my ailments.

And lastly, after talking to some people, and getting a helpful comment from Marcy on my last post (GI issues) I am convinced that my elevated level of sugar intake was the culprit behind my stomach pains. I am feeling better today, thankfully. Tomorrow I will have to get my 5k run in before going to work (I never had to do this before, but scheduling is forcing this upon me) and hopefully everything will be back to normal by then, at least on the gastrointestinal front.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger BeachRunner said...

Nice job with the lunch swim. Hope the ankle feels better soon.

You will soon learn, if you don't already know it, that Marcy knows everything. That is not sarcasm. I am being serious.

September 16, 2008 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

LOL you're posts are acting whacky on me!

Glad to be of some assistance :-) I made the mistake of eating Kellogg's Frosted Flakes once before a long run (thinking I would be ok) and even though I had gels (the low sugar variety) during the run I wanted to poop my pants like no ones business half way through HAHA So yeah I'm totally sticking to the plain ole Cheerios before running HAHA

September 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home