Friday, September 12, 2008

Day Off, and My Little Guys

Recovering from my bike accident and, happy to say, I don't feel as sore today as I thought I would. Tonight will be spent preparing for my son's Birthday party (Malcolm's turning 4 tomorrow) and I hope to have enough done to fit my 9k run into the morning before kids start arriving. The weather is looking clear up until mid-morning or so, and I'd like to continue getting myself used to the morning run on Saturdays. If this doesn't work I'll just have to go in the afternoon and run through the rain, not a bad option really.

Nothing else to say really, except to proudly report that my older boy has now finished his first week of cross-country running and is enjoying it. Not only that, but he seems to be running through the optional walking portions as well! The coaches hold up a green card when the kids are supposed to run and a red one to indicate that they can walk. Owen told me that he has only had to walk once, while I am repeatedly telling him to pace himself. Anyway, I'm very impressed with the little guy. Wish I could claim that my recent running has been his inspiration, but he was talking about this since the first week of last year when he was in grade 1 and could not participate. Go Owen Go!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Frayed Laces said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Watch out for those potholes!

September 12, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Great job Owen! Happy Birthday Malcolm! Glad you are getting better. Enjoy your time with the boys.

September 12, 2008 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

That's great that your son is a runner!
Enjoy the B-day party.

September 12, 2008 at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home