Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day Off, Making Plans

So, today is an off day, and my legs are in serious need of this. The last week was quite intense, in retrospect, and it will definitely pay off down the road, but I need to recover. Still haven't decided what to do for the coming week - stay with the routine of increased distance and intensity or back off a little bit? Also, I have to get to work today on my grad course or risk falling behind early, creating much unnecessary stress down the road. It's the last one in my program and I am finding motivation hard to come by...

As I sit here typing this, having turned the computer on so that I could upload my wife's morning run stats from the Garmin, I am wondering what to do with the kids this afternoon? The forecast says rain, lots of rain, but right now the sky looks pretty clear. It was an indoor day yesterday on account of rain and I'd like to avoid another one - we're all bouncing off the walls a little bit and getting stir crazy. Perhaps another trip to the zoo is in order... Scope out the Zoorun route... We'll see.

Anyway, hope y'all are having a great weekend, running and otherwise. For any racers out there all the best and here's hoping you meet your goals!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

I hear you. It's been kinda yucky weather wise here as well *sigh*

As far as running goes, a day off sounds like a good thing ;-)

September 14, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Just catching up and man, you've been super busy!!

Take a day off, your body will love you for it...hmmm, what about a day at the Science Centre on Don Mills.....maybe you're tired of it, but it was one of my favs....

September 14, 2008 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger triguyjt said...

thats a good goal you set for 09....the sub 45 10 k...good luck with it....

September 14, 2008 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Hope you enjoyed the day off.

September 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A well deserved day off! Hope you enjoyed it,

September 15, 2008 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Frayed Laces said...

Yay! I feel better knowing someone else is taking a day off with me!

September 15, 2008 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

FL: You so deserve a day off more than I do!

September 15, 2008 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

I'm a big believer in hard effort followed by appropriate rest to avoid injury for what its worth. Of course, I still believe in the tooth fairy so...

September 15, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home