Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Little Sore

Well, rollerblading definitely works out different muscles than running. I am sore in so many places today I can't even believe it! (And No, that is not a picture of me over on the left. I'm not that muscular, and I don't do jeans with no belt.) It's a good kind of sore, and definitely highlights where my weaknesses are. Hips and butt we already know about, but I also feel it in the small of my back, the obliques, the groin, hamstrings, quads, and even the outsides of my lower legs. I definitely recommend this to anyone as a good cross-training activity. Of course, I've only been once but plan on doing this again and definitely doing some ice skating in the winter.

Last night I just couldn't sleep. Not sure if it was the muscle soreness, or the wine, port and a little scotch I had when we had a couple of friends over for dinner, but I woke up at 2:00am and could not get back to sleep. I decided to catch up on some schoolwork, thinking that this would make me drowsy in no time, but ended up working until 4:00am! I'll probably crash tonight, and may even have to squeeze in a nap this afternoon (unlikely to happen given family and stuff). In any case, it was tough waking up this morning, but the kids made sure I didn't sleep in and waste away the morning. Thanks guys!

NOT!!!

Tomorrow I will contemplate running again, but the chances of this happening are slim. The ankle issue is still lingering and I don't want to push it. I will likely rollerblade again and hopefully work out some of these tight spots.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday of running or a well deserved off day!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

Sounds like a great workout. You know I might just have to get myself a pair of rollerblades ;-)

LMAO darn kids.

September 21, 2008 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Frayed Laces said...

I love it when I feel sore. Kind of masochistic, but it reminds me I worked my butt off!

September 22, 2008 at 2:28 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Not being able to sleep is God's (or Buddha, Yaweh, the giant electron in the sky, etc.) way of saying, "Wine is so delicious, so fun to drink, even good for you in moderation ... but as for sleeping tonight, sorry pal..."

September 22, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I love to skate but, rollerblading scares the heck out of me. Not sure why. (As if ice is more foregiving.)

Kids... gotta hate when they don't understand "but I was up late!"LOL.

September 22, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home