Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Little Worn Down

Yes, it's true. I am feeling worn down today, and as such am making the executive decision to not go to the gym for weights this evening. I spent the day at a privacy and access to information conference, but did manage to sneak out for a swim at lunch. I wasn't planning to do this, but just felt like it and took off, and boy am I glad that I did given how I am feeling tonight. It's awesome to have everything in a locker at the UofT pool so that I can make a spur of the moment decision like this and not have to plan to go and bring all the swimming stuff along with me all over the city.

The swim was great. I jumped in and swam 2000m non-stop in a little under 30 minutes. The shoulders are definitely stronger and I could have kept going for at least another kilometre, but had to get back to the conference.

Now, I am back home, kids are asleep, and the cold I caught this weekend is lingering. The foot is feeling tighter than I would like it to feel, and it definitely feels like plantar fasciitis. I've had it before and hope that rest, ice, heat, and some massage helps this to heal enough to let me train a bit more on the way to the 10k on October 26th. Anyone else dealt with this problem? I'll take all and any advice, home remedies, mysticism, prayers, whatever you've got to get this to get better fast.

In happy news, my manager (who is quite possibly the most normal, sane, and nice person I've ever had to work for) told me I could go watch Owen race tomorrow morning and show up at the conference a bit late! He watched his kids race this morning, and I'm so excited to see Owen race tomorrow morning. It should be awesome, and when I told him I'd be able to go he was very excited. I hope he has a great time and is left with many happy memories from his first running competition. I'll do the proud Dad report tomorrow on how it went, of course.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger joyRuN said...

My PF has responded to diligent stretching & rolling, new shoes, & those dorky Strassberg socks.

October 8, 2008 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome of your boss to let you do that!

October 8, 2008 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Nitmos said...

In what Bizarro world do you reside that your boss is sane and understanding. Get back in your cubicle and fear the lash!

October 8, 2008 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Rest up. I hope you feel better soon.

October 8, 2008 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Aron said...

great job getting the swim in! hope the foot feels better soon :( foot pain is no fun!

October 8, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the foot. I've never had that prob before but I really hope it starts to feel on the up. Relax and enjoy your day off :-)

October 8, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home