Monday, November 3, 2008

Doctor Knows Best. ... maybe.

The foot still hurts, and it looks like another week of no running for me based on my assessment with the doctor this morning. Although I realize that the pain is squarely localized in the foot, I don't think you'd disagree with me if I call it a real pain in the ass...

Not wanting to go completely to veg, I got on the stationary bike at the gym and managed 30 minutes at a decent effort level. In fact, I even had beads of sweat on one of my forearms! Yes, just one, and I have no idea why only on one arm, but it was a bit strange. Also, I tend not to sweat much at all at the best of times, so it was also a bit weird on that account.

Now, I am watching the SNL Presidential Bash, and it is very funny, in a disturbing kind of way. Tina Fay's portrayal of Sarah Palin is priceless.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

sorry about the foot... stationary bike isn't as fun for sure, but if it gets you back out running, then the bead of sweat is better than not. Tina Fey is awesome.

November 3, 2008 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Biking and swimming will help take pressure off that foot...good luck with getting back into "running" order!

November 4, 2008 at 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another week will do the foot good. But, biking and swimming are great alternatives.

November 4, 2008 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you able to do any pool running while you are getting through the injury? If you can, it can really help maintain your running strength.

November 4, 2008 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Vava said...

Chad: I haven't really considered any pool running, but will look into it. I'll have to check to see if the pool I swim at has the floaty belt thing that you need to do it...

November 4, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger N.D. said...

Good job being patient and cross training!! hopefully you'll have a full recovery and have no problems soon enough!

November 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Good job, bro. Stay positive and focused on the recovery.

November 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Awwwhhh man! I'm sorry to hear about the foot. Stationary biking is an awesome workout in the meantime ;D ;D

November 5, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home