Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sick in bed

Yes, I've been off the blog for a few days, having caught a nasty cold. I managed a half-day at work on Friday, tied up some loose ends, cancelled some afternoon meetings, then spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. Saturday, ditto. Now it is Sunday afternoon and I've been in bed all day yet again, though I seem to finally be coming out of it. Whatever this bug was, it was strong, that's for sure.

At least the foot got some more rest, not that I planned on running this weekend anyway, wanting to give it at least a full week after the race to recover. I have another treatment with the doctor tomorrow morning, and I am sort of planning to go for a 5k or so jog tomorrow evening if the foot feels up to it. At the moment I think it should be OK.

Given the fact that I've gotten nothing accomplished in the last couple of days, that's all I have for now.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Marcy said...

(((HUGS))) I hope feel better soon :-)! Rest up and TAKE CARE!

November 2, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. I am sure your foot will be much better since you have been off it.

November 2, 2008 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Rest up and I hope you feel better soon!

November 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Well that is one way to get some rest for that dang foot. Take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better soon.

November 2, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Hope you get better soon.

November 3, 2008 at 2:10 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

Feel better soon!

November 3, 2008 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yuck, that sounds like no fun at all. I had something pretty similar last month. I hope you feel better quickly.

November 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a nasty virus going around. Hope you feel better soon.

November 3, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Aron said...

GAH i had the cold last week too :( hope you feel better!!!

November 3, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger nwgdc said...

no worries...you'll find rest is just as important as quality miles...and much more important than "i don't feel like running but should painfully shuffle through 3 of them" miles.

November 3, 2008 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Spartan7 said...

We had our "mandatory" flu mist last Thursday, and I think about 30% of my company is sick. Get well soon.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with your goals. They look to be completely achievable, and you sound like you have the heart and motivation to carry out your plans.

Happy Running ... and 10K's are fun, are they not?

November 3, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home