Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Swimming 2k, and the Lumbar Blues

Another lunchtime swim today - 2000m in 30 minutes. I think all the lying around in bed on the weekend, or the 30 minutes on the stationary bike last night, did something to my lower back cuz it hurts today. It's like I picked up one of my kids early in the morning or something, except I don't have that excuse. I'm not worried about it, as much as it really does hurt, because I suspect it was the stationary bike thing - I didn't spend much time setting up the bike properly...

The other thing that I really don't want to admit may be the cause of the pain is that we got a new mattress this weekend, and it's super nice. My wife loves it, and I like it too, but if that's the reason my back is seizing up then things are going to be a little strained on the home front. I'll be like, "Either that mattress goes, or I go!" And she'll be like, "Can I help you pack?"

Perhaps a good soiling will bring her onside???

I was planning on going to the gym for some weights tonight, but will have to see how my back feels when that time comes around. Maybe I'll go and just do a lot of stretching, some ab stuff (I've been totally neglecting core strength for the past three weeks, and that might be another reason for the lumbar blues) and maybe some lying down resistance crap. We'll see.

Then again, a couple of Robaxacets may be the thing to do for tonight, then just settle in and watch the election stuff, complete with mucho controversies to keep the advertisers happy no doubt.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger N.D. said...

Oh good luck, the back isn't one to mess with. I hope its not the mattress!!! that would be a pain to return.

November 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

I hope you don't have to resort to soiling!

November 6, 2008 at 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home