Friday, November 7, 2008

Movie Night with the Boys

We watched Kung-Fu Panda tonight, this being the not too uncommon "movie night" for the boys, and it was a lot of fun. I don't know how much of the movie either one of them actually got, but there were plenty of parts that they absolutely found hilarious. Lots of physical humour, as much as that is possible in cartoon form. I also found it quite funny. On a more serious note, the one line I think I will always remember from this movie is, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, and today a gift. That is why they call it a present." Hmmm...

On the running front I have no news. The foot is sore, but mostly from the plantar fascia that the good doctor rubbed the hell out of yesterday. I am looking forward to finding some new shoes since the more I think about it the more I am convinced that my current pair is not helping matters, but rather exacerbating the problem. Also, thank you all for your kind comments that reinforce the idea that the right footwear helps to prevent injuries. There are some articles out there about the myth that expensive running shoes are better than cheap ones, but these "studies" are debunked by some sound arguments. In the end, a cheap shoe may work for you, and if so then great. It's kind of like a good cheap wine to a wine drinker - if you like it then the lower price just makes it that much better, but has nothing to do with the taste.

G'night!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger FLYERS26 said...

My boys want me to pick up Kung FU Panda on DVD, when it comes out Sunday. They loved it when they saw it at the theater.
One of the father's I know from my son's school, was training for the Philly Marathon, and had to drop out because of the plantar fascia.
Sure am glad I don't have that ailement! Good luck with it, hope you get better soon!

November 8, 2008 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found a movie you all could enjoy. Hope the foot starts to feel better. I heard things for and against expensive running shoes and cheaper ones. I think you have to experiment with shoes and when you find one you like stick with it.

November 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home