Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Swimming and Chinning

Official Day 2 of my self-imposed period of convalescence and, as I sit with my foot in a bucket of ice water, I am left wondering just how this non-running period will affect my weight. Specifically, I will have to pay a little more attention to eating better given that the running thing has allowed me to eat more pizza in recent weeks than I've eaten in a long long time.

This afternoon I managed a lunch time swim. I felt pretty weak and tired for some reason. I usually can do 2000m straight without stopping, but today I had to rest for a few seconds after 500m, then I stopped after another 500m and decided to mix it up a bit and started doing 100's on 1:30. I managed 8 of these before missing the interval time and finished the swim off with an easy 200 for a total of 2000m.

Tonight I managed another set of chin ups and the lethargy was still present. My sets were 8-7-6 wide grip overhand, 8-6-5-6 narrow grip underhand for a total of 46. The last set was more than the second last because I was once more distracted and lost concentration. I really must learn to block everything out when doing these...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Felice Devine said...

I'm so impressed with the chin ups. I can't even do one! Not one! As in I'm sure your weight will be fine. This period of no running will give you a chance to do other things, which will probably end up being great for your overall strength and, in turn, your running when you get back to it.

November 26, 2008 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home