Thursday, November 20, 2008

Unintentional day off, sort of

This morning I woke up to learn that the roads were really slippery since the plows and salt trucks are not yet working, and so decided (partly at the urging of my sweet wife, who is concerned for my safety for some reason) to not bike to work. This is all well and good, except it meant that I would not be able to go for my usual lunchtime swim since the walk is too far and the whole process would take too long. Tomorrow I will make it up, but the pool will be short course (25m long, for those not in the know) rather than my preferred long course (50m). Lots of flip turns I guess...

This evening I am awaiting a person who answered my classified add for a set of four old steel rims and tires to come by and (hopefully) buy them. We've had these things for years from a car previous even to this one that we just traded in, and it's about time I got rid of them. I'd rather they go to someone who will use them rather than give them for nothing to the dealer.

While waiting I did my chin up routine. In case I didn't make it explicit, the goal I've set out for myself is to complete 100 consecutive pushups and 20 consecutive chin ups by Christmas. Tonight's set was 8-6-5 overhand wide grip, and 8-6-5 underhand narrow grip, for a total of 38 chin/pull ups. I'm suprised I was able to do more than I managed on Tuesday, and figure it's mostly improvement in technique. But hey, that's important too!

Now I just have to find some reason to motivate myself to do more sit ups! I find them exceedingly boring, no matter what variation I've tried. If anyone has any good tricks for ab workouts that are not necessarily easy, since that would defeat the purpose, but at least easy on the brain I'd love to hear about them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say an important key to pullups/chinups is technique.

November 21, 2008 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cycling in the snow? Yuck! No fun at all.

I'm not sure I can help much with motivation on situps. I tend to do them in front of the tv during the commercials. Kind of breaks up the manotony and reduces the guilt of sitting around watching tv.

November 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

OMG! You're already talking ice and snow plows?!?

November 21, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home