Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Belated Birthday Party

Yes, Owen turned 7 a month ago, but it wasn't until yesterday that we managed to have his party with his friends. We are loser parents, but the excuse is that his birthday falls the day before Halloween and parents are usually overpartied around that time, so we typically wait a couple of weeks for his party. This year it went a couple of extra weeks, but the kids had a great time bowling and our ears are still hurting from all the screaming and yelling...


Later in the evening, after coming down from the sugar high of the birthday cake, of which I had too many pieces, I attempted another set of chin/pull ups. At the beginning I felt really weak and I was really doubting my ability to do anywhere near as many chin ups as last time. However, I surprised myself a bit and did 9-9-9 overhand wide grip and 9-9-9-8 underhand narrow grip, for a total of 62. At this point I think the 100 push up challenge looks much more feasible than the 20 chin up challenge since I seem to be stuck at 9. The lats and shoulders give out, that's true, but more than anything my forearms are weak! I start losing grip at about the 7th or 8th chin up and have to readjust while hanging down, wasting precious energy. I have to start doing some hand and forearm strengthening on the off days I think.

The foot is still hurting a bit, so it's status quo on that front. Today is a day devoted to working on my final paper, and I am hoping to have the first draft finished by this evening so I'd better get to it.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Owen!

November 30, 2008 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I think it was a good idea to wait- his birthday would have been lost with all the Halloween celebrations.

November 30, 2008 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! Ohhh, the 100 push-up challenge would be brutal right now. I'm looking the other way!

December 1, 2008 at 3:02 AM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

See, I actually think that having the birthday party late like that makes you NON losers. You could easily just make his party part of the halloween activities and where would the fun be in that? With a month late party, he gets to keep the celebration going.

December 1, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger X-Country2 said...

Happy post birthday! Good call on waiting. That awesome cake would pale in comparison to pillow cases of free candy.

December 1, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Happy B-day Owen!!!!!!!!!

December 1, 2008 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Ace said...

The strange similarities continue, I have a 6 year old son, whose birthday is three days before Halloween, I'm going to have to try this delayed birthday thing.
Grats to Owen. Looks like he got all the candles in one shot. :)

December 3, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home