Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another Regular Day

Yup. Nothing much to report other than another regular lunchtime swim and a set of chin ups.

The swim was status quo: 2000m in 30 minutes. My left hand totally cramped up at the end, which was a bit weird. Why not the right? Gross guy in the showers also put me off a bit, and that's where I'll leave that little story, in your collective imaginations...

The chin ups were done while my wife (whose taste in most things I respect, but in this I simply cannot!) was watching The Biggest Loser. Guess how I felt given that I'll never have that time back? The chin up sets: 10-10-10 wide grip overhand, 10-9-8-8 narrow grip underhand, for a total of 65. I go to failure with each set, and it seems odd that I can go to pretty much the same failure point each time. Perhaps I need to rethink this and do it more like the push up challenge with some sets that are shorter and easier and then the last one to failure. I am making strides, though, so maybe I shouldn't mess with it at all. Mentally it would be easier to not have to go to failure with every set.

Foot still hurts, but the pain doesn't really set in until late in the day so I guess that's a good sign. Before it just hurt all day long. I guess I'd better go stretch and ice a bit now...

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Felice Devine said...

You and those chin ups!

Thanks for putting the gross guy in my mind ;-)

December 2, 2008 at 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a regualr day is a good thing. Good job.

December 3, 2008 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger FLYERS26 said...

Man, I haven't done chin-ups in years! I might just have to see how many I could do.

December 3, 2008 at 8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about my head bobbing, Matt drives. I just rry to stay awake to give him someone to talk to.

December 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Oooohhh come on! You know you MUST dish! I love that nasty stuff HAHA

December 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It does sound like the ankle is getting better. Keep doing what you are doing and I'm sure it will come around.

December 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

Hope your foot heals soon, but resting is a good thing. HAHAHA Marcy, she is always loving the trash talk!!!

December 3, 2008 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Nice job. You are the chin up champ. And I agree with marcy, we need deets on the shower incident.

December 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Mica said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad it meets the approval of a fellow grad student, especially one so far along his the track as yourself!

Also--I was pleased to see "wonky" in your title. I didn't know anyone else used that to refer to ankles. I have a wonky right ankle, yippee!

December 3, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home