Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gross Shower Guy, and More Pushups

A couple of (potentially) sick people have requested further details on the gross shower guy that so rudely invaded my fortress of solitude while I was cleansing the chlorine off of myself after my Tuesday afternoon swim, so I feel compelled to give a few details against my better judgement. Since I am still shivering at the thought of what transpired I'll give as much as I can, but will not go into specifics since I averted my eyes as much as I could during the entire ordeal, but obviously without total success. Although the term "shock and awe" would have sufficed for me, here is what I can offer to you (apologizing in advance for those who do not wish to sleep tonight with this imagery carved into their brains):

  • 6 (at least) bottles of lotions/soaps/gels/goopy crap only found in girly stores
  • shaved area that (in my humble opinion) should not be in contact with any sharp object, EVER!
  • loud grunting, moaning, breathing so as to draw attention to him(it)self
  • much naked squatting (Seinfeld was right - there IS "good" naked and "bad" naked and this display was firmly and exclusively a sick, twisted example of the latter)
  • much naked lathering (any other context, this might qualify as "good" naked, but I suppose anything can be sullied beyond redemption)
  • much naked smiling (ditto)
  • much swim suited vomiting (by yours truly, if I had had anything in my stomach that is)
Tonight I did some more push ups. I am now on Week 5 Day 2 of the hundred push ups challenge, and I am still making progress. Tonight I had to take a few breaks (holding the plank, but resting for a few breaths is what I mean) on my max set, but not because of the pecs giving out. Instead if was my shoulders and whatever muscle it is that lifts your leg up on the front of my left leg. I initially felt a twinge there when I sneezed rather mightily a few weeks back while sick in bed, and the pain has been up and down since then, but has never gone away entirely. Getting old sucks ass!

Oh yeah, the sets: 19-19-22-22-18-18-22 then the max was 60 for a total of 200 push ups. The double century!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Felice Devine said...

GA-ROSS!

Week 5 is when I left the challenge. I repeated it 3 or 4 times and then I flopped out. GOOD luck w/the rest of the challenge -- keep it up!

December 3, 2008 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

barf.

...now i have no words or appetite.

barf ; (

December 4, 2008 at 3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, that is a bit disturbing.

December 4, 2008 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Marcy said...

ROFLMAO! HAHAHAHHAA Dude that's the part when I would've broken out the camera and taken pics for the blog! I'm KIDDING!! (maybe, I don't know HAHA)

December 4, 2008 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

ROFL. What a great reason NOT to shower anywhere but in the privacy of one's home. BUT, if grunting, lathered, shaving, squatting, lotioned, moaning freaks are your thing...

December 4, 2008 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Aron said...

YUCK.

great job on the push ups!!!

December 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am soooooooo thankful you didn't have a picture of that to post. It might have shattered my fragile little mind.

December 4, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home