Monday, December 15, 2008

The Battle Continues

Well, my little family continues to battle the flu as now my wife has come down hard with the illness. At least the boys, on better the other yet to get hit (and hopefully not at all), were able to go to school today.

The other battle is the one concerned with keeping this blog going while waiting to run. Last week it seemed like the foot had taken a turn for the better, but after the weekend of walking, skating, shopping, and other activities involving moving boxes of books up and down stairs it seems to still be hanging around like an unwelcome foul odor. Three weeks and counting...

That is pretty much why I've taken to push ups and chin ups - my physiological and psychological sanity. I am redoing the same sets as last week once more and tonight I went through the Week 6 Day 1 routine (45-55-35-30) and then maxed out at 60 for a total of 225. Tonight was tough going, managing only 60 and all, but I still think the 100 is well in sight. (I think the flu going through the house has something to do with it...) The bigger challenge will be to keep up with the push ups afterwards, and perhaps that is the real reason why I am putting off the attempt at 100 in a row until next week. Anybody out there who completed the challenge find it easy or hard to continue doing push ups? Or did you just stop cold turkey?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Felice Devine said...

If you can do 60 push ups in a row, after doing others, and having the flu invade your house, you are SO going to be able to do 100!

I quit the challenge before reaching 100 but I'm still doing push ups because they are such a great exercise.

December 16, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Lily on the Road said...

OH BOY! You and the family are really taking a major hit on the health front! Hope you are all over the nasty bug thing before Christmas...

Look after yourselves...I'm thinking of you!

December 16, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home