Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Aftershock

The stomach flu, it seems, has not finished running it's course. Malcolm was sick in the middle of the night and I spent the day with the poor little guy at home. On top of all that his cheek started to get really red and inflamed, hot to the touch, which meant only one thing to us: infection. Off we went to the doctor and sure enough that's what it was. Now he is on antibiotics for the first time in his life and I hope he doesn't have any adverse reaction to the medication. A long time ago when Owen was on antibiotics for an ear infection his whole personality changed while taking the drugs, and that was a bit weird to witness for us first time (at that time) parents.

Anyway, Malcolm seems to have rebounded quickly and he was good enough to go to his Junior Kindergarten Christmas concert. It was so cute, and I managed to take some video clips which I will post here at some point.

Before going to the concert I managed another Week 6 Day 2 routine of the hundred push ups challenge. I did 22-22-30-30-24-24-18-18 and then maxed out at 70 for a total of 258. The max set included Malcolm climbing onto my back at the 40 push up mark, which forced me to put my knee down and get him off, so 70 was a good surprise given all that.

Foot still hurts, and I think this tendinitis, plantar fasciitis thing is just going to take a while to heal. Damn!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aron said...

glad your boy is feeling better!! the flu is no fun :(

geez that foot just doesn't want to heal does it!?! great job on the push ups!

December 18, 2008 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Hope everyone feels better soon.

December 19, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Great job on the pushups. Hope the flu and infection pass quickly.

December 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home