Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Quick Update

It's been a great Christmas in our house and everyone had a great time, especially the kids. They were, once again, spoiled beyond all sense and reason, but given that we and their extended family love them so much it is no longer a surprise. Things are going fairly well for us right now and we can afford to let them have a few things that maybe we won't be able to afford in more lean years.

I haven't done any push ups or chin ups this week and have written off the attempt at the century for the moment. Next week I will redo Week 6 again and then (hopefully) be ready to get 100 in a row the following week. The foot is still hurting a little, but I know that if I stay off of it for a while longer it will completely heal. It certainly isn't as bad as it was before, and I continue to wait for that elusive pain-free state before contemplating running again. Starting in January we'll be cross-country skiing every Saturday, with the boys taking lessons and us off on some much needed cross training. It should be a blast, and with it being low or no impact, the workout will pay off in the long run cardio wise.

Not sure when I'll get back on the computer (and the only reason I have it on right now is because I had to call the hot water tank people to get a new rental unit installed since the one we own is starting to leak), but I wish everyone a safe and happy New Year!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily on the Road said...

So glad you had a wonderful family Christmas!!

Xcountry skiing is a great way to cross train...I just sold my gear yesterday with the hopes of upgrading...

Happy New Year Vava!

December 27, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Glad to read that you had a great Christmas!! Happy New Year!!

December 27, 2008 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger nwgdc said...

Merry Christmas!

You can consider this your taper for the century attempt. Just don't get "taper madness" and start cramming in pushups in the morning and after work, like most marathoners end up doing (me included).

December 30, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home