Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Free At Last

I've been sequestered in a room with a bunch of others going over an RFP for the past two days, but now my section of the review is over and I am free so I thought I'd post a quick update...

On Monday I did some more push ups in an effort to keep that going and have decided to keep doing Week 6 of the plan. Though I didn't do the max set this time I managed 45-55-35-30 for a total of 165. Then I started some sit ups just to see how that part of my body is doing and managed 6 sets of 25. I am contemplating that 200 sit up challenge, but we'll see if that happens. Right now I'm keeping an eye on my foot in hopes that I can keep running...

Yesterday I did NOTHING! (Well, now that I think about it, I did a few sets of 25 sit ups while watching a movie, but I didn't keep track of how many. I think three. Not really worth mentioning.) Oh yeah, the weather forecast had called for a snow storm as well, but that never came. I ended up not biking as a result of that and just missed the bus after dropping Owen off. I ran for probably over a kilometre to catch that bus a few stops down the road in my boots, and it felt OK though I was concerned about the foot. It doesn't seem too bad today so I guess I dodged a bullet there.

That brings us to today. It is C-O-L-D here! -21 Celsius, or -5 Fahrenheit for our American friends. I didn't bike to work on account of the cold and the sober advice of my lovely wife, but would like to try and go for a run this evening. We'll see if that happens. While waiting for the streetcar I did see one person out running, so it's definitely possible.

An evening update:

I braved the chilly weather and made it out for my second run of the year. It was fun, even with the -13C (9F in American) and the frozen slush all over the sidewalks. I'm happy to report that my slow and steady plan was in full force as well: 5K, 33:12, for an average pace of 6:38/km. Pedestrian yes, but I was out there!

Garmin don't lie.


View Larger Map

Afterwards I did some more push ups and sit ups. No max set, but the push ups went 45-55-35-30 (total=165). Sit ups were 6 sets of 25 (total=150), trying really hard to maintain a slow pace and proper form. Nice burn in the gut was had for sure!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger nwgdc said...

I bagged the run this morning, also. This is ridiculous! Thanks for including American degrees!

January 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

-21! Holy crap that's cold.

January 14, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Winter sucks. That cold is coming our way too.

January 14, 2009 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger rodney said...

Good luck with your running this year. Hope it warms up some. That's just way too freakin' cold! Thanks for stopping by!

January 14, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home