Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cold in the Head

Last night was supposed to be an evening spent doing push ups and sit ups, but I was not up for it. Seems that I've contracted another cold - nothing serious, but I had absolutely no energy at all. It's hard to listen to your body when your ears are (or at least feel like they are) clogged, but I did the best I could and went to bed early. I think it's all that public transit I've been forced to use recently on account of the snow and my bike being on the fritz. At least now I'm giving back what I've been given as I stuff myself onto the subway train mere inches from all sorts of seemingly healthy bipeds.

Today I woke up feeling not so great, but good enough to go to work and fit in a swim at lunch (and continue to spread the love via public transit). I was going in with a plan to swim 1500m, but also would cut it short if I started sucking chlorinated water. In the end I did do 1500m - 5X200m on 3:00, 5X100m on 1:40. As an added bonus, the water cleared my sinuses a bit. No such luck with my general snottiness clearing out the slow arsed swimmers from my lane though...

Perhaps tonight I will feel up to doing some other exercise related stuff, but I'm not counting on it. I am planning an easy 5K tomorrow and don't want to miss that.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

I've got a cold too and it really does drain your enthusiasm somewhat.

January 20, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh get better soon Vava!

Lily

January 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Ahhhhh the public transit. The gift that keeps on giving LMAO! Hope you start feeling on the ups my friend ;-)

January 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Legs and Wings said...

Slow-arsed swimmers...that's good. Hope you feel stronger soon.

January 20, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Felice Devine said...

I've got a cold in the head, too. UGH! Hope you feel better soon.

January 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Hope you get better soon, good job with the 100 m repeats!

January 21, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home