Friday, January 16, 2009

Nuts for Sanity

Is one nuts if one, upon learning of an extreme cold weather warning, takes off early from work just to get a 5k run accomplished in -15C weather before going to get both kids from two different schools? Well, if that makes one the proud owner of a questionable mental state, then I guess I'm headed for the asylum. (I just hope they have a place to run!)

Yes, -15C and I was out there! It was great. I have to say that I enjoy cold weather running quite a bit, certainly way more than wet weather running. The footing is not good and all that, but it kind of makes it seem like trail running in that I have to watch every step and change my running pattern accordingly.

Anyway, I managed the 5k in 29:40 at an average pace of 5:56/km. This was a bit faster than I should have been going, as my aim is for 6:00 kilometres or slower, but given that I was not watching the Garmin and felt pretty easy. I didn't have a chance to stretch right after given that I had to take a quick shower and then rush to get the boys, but I hope this doesn't mean I will feel anything achy or strainy. Tomorrow will be a cold cold day of skiing, but I still look forward to a good workout that gets the blood moving and works out any kinks left over from this evenining.

Garmin don't lie.


View Larger Map

I also did some push ups and sit ups tonight: push ups were 45-55-35-30, and sit ups were 25-25-25-25-25-25, all while watching The Jungle Book with the boys, one of our favorite movies.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

-15!

Holy cow!

January 17, 2009 at 1:31 AM  
Blogger Mica said...

Spanks for stopping by my blog!

I won't lie--I totally had to input all your metric stats (temperature and distance) into a converter. teehee.

January 17, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home