Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm Committed

Today, on the last day that this cheap bastard could still take advantage of the savings available by registering for a bunch of events at the same time, I committed myself to four running races here in the Big Smoke. They've been listed in the sidebar for a while, but now I can go ahead and put "registered" beside them! The four I chose are:

Naturally, given that I've never even come close to the distance in a week's worth of training, I reserve the right to downgrade to the half marathon in September without shame or regret...

Whatever happens, this should be fun. And hey, even though I spent almost $200 I saved $20 for registering 4 events at the same time! I don't really get the logic of spending money to save money, but I'm not going to question this right now. Legs don't fail me now! (or for the next 10 months)

Speaking of legs, my hip feels like Rocky's face at the end of Rocky I (or any one of those movies, for that matter), but there is no sign that I even fell. Then again, it doesn't really feel like anyone caked copious amounts of cheap makeup onto my ass, but it just hurts. The knee is sore after yesterday, but I think it was more the 4 hours of house cleaning rather than the 8k. I may have to skip Wednesday's run if it continues to hurt.

Tonight I did some other stuff:

  • Push ups: 45-55-35-30 (why is it so hard to keep doing the max set???)
  • Sit ups: 50-50-50-50
  • And a bunch of hip and ass strengthening things that I've neglected for far too long.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Aron said...

WOOOO great list!!! and a marathon in there too!! 2009 will be a fun year :)

January 26, 2009 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Mel-2nd Chances said...

Those are some great events.. i haven't registered for those yet, but hope to do Sporting Life and Zoo this year. Congrats on being committed!

January 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger Andrew is getting fit said...

Don't skip the run...skip the cleaning!

January 27, 2009 at 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great list of races signed up! I love running in September.

January 27, 2009 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger nwgdc said...

I think September is the best time to peak. It's too early to end up overtrained, also early enough to avoid the real cold race days, and late enough to get out of the August heat. It'll be exciting to follow!

January 27, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger BeachRunner said...

Great plan. That will keep you motivated for sure.

January 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

YAY to committing to those events! Now get to training :P

And no! Not running in 1 hr. Biking. OBN is Obligatory Biking Note ;-)

January 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home