Monday, May 14, 2012

Perhaps I Should Back Off a Bit...

Since my last post I've been running more than a person with my history of injury probably should given that I'm very much still in the recovery phase after an extended hiatus. I'm feeling it a bit today and I think the reason is as follows:

  • Monday: Ran 30 minutes on the treadmill in Pittsburgh, pushed the pace up to 7.5mph for some reason...
  • Tuesday: Ran for 50 minutes while my son's baseball team was warming up for a game (A nice tour of the neighbourhood with a quick stop at my Dad's to say hello.)
  • Wednesday: Ran for 28.5 minutes with Owen, including three times up Pottery Road.
  • Thursday: Ran for exactly 1 hour (my first!) to High Park from Owen's baseball practice, all the way through to the south end and back up the hills. Tough run, but definitely fun discovering a new park for running.
  • Friday: No running because Owen had an out-of-town tournament that meant I had no time, which was probably a good thing.
  • Saturday: After returning home from the tournament ran for a little over 46 minutes on both streets and trails trying some new trail running shoes I'd purchased in the States. Pretty good, but the top of my right foot arch hurts so not perfect.
  • Sunday: Longest run to date through my old running routes in the ravines of Taylor Creek Park and the Don Valley. 1hour 5 minutes of running non-stop!!!

 And so here we are today and I am a bit sore. One off day and 4hr39m total of running (which isn't that much, but if you've been off since Summer 2011 it sure as hell FEELS like a lot!) I'm feeling it in the front of the left knee and have to watch out that I am not creating more problems for myself, not to mention that right foot arch thing that's a bit strange. I figure it was the lacing and will play with that the next time I hit the trails.
We'll see if I am successful trying to back off this week. Less than four weeks until that trail race I entered!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home