Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 2012 Month in Review

Wow! I actually have a "review" to post! Amazing, though tempered with the fact that I'm still very much in the recovery phase from my injury and am super tentative while out on the streets or trails.

And I do realize that my stats for the month of April are nothing to write home about, but since I am not "writing home" given that I'm typing this blog thing I figured what's the harm in taking a look at my "accomplishments"?

According to Garmin Connect, where I keep all my workout stuff, I ran 16 times in April for a total of 6hr34m43s. The average run time ended up at a less than stellar 24m40s and my longest run was just 41m50s. But I'll take it!

I also worked out at the gym 18 times, and that added up to 10hr34m50s of actual "working out" time. I've been taking as little rest as possible between sets these past two months and doing more of an interval/superset type routine so most of my workouts tend to be in the 35 minute range, but I do get my heart rate up and I get a great workout, that's for sure. Perhaps that's the reason why I don't feel like I've lost all that much cardiovascular fitness? At least not as much as I thought I would given that I've been off of running since last June...

Here's hoping May keeps me running quite a bit and that my "stats" reflect slightly longer average run time and definitely longer longest run time. After all, I'm supposed to be preparing for that trail race on June 9th. Yikes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home