Thursday, April 12, 2012

What?! Another post already???!!!

Yes indeed. I actually have something else to say already that's running related, and it's not even my bone scan results! Huzzah!!!

Yesterday evening the older loin-fruit and I went exploring the trails of the Don Valley. It is so close to my house that I am ashamed to say I've never checked out this trail system before. Ten Years I've lived in East York and finally I got to do it! (Save for a short hike with the younger loin-fruit's Beaver colony last Fall when I was introduced to the existence of said trail system.)

Anyway, we had no idea what we were getting into and I was a bit scared of A. pissing off the mountain bikers and, B. getting lost. Thankfully neither of these two things happened and we survived to tell the tale.

The trails we "ran" on were mostly single-track, though there is a crushed gravel section depicted in green on the map to your left. We entered the trails at the southern most end where you see the question mark and didn't get onto the northern most blue trail at all. It was quite hilly, and very much fun. I think trail running will be the thing to do as I get back into running, body permitting of course.

Me jogged a bit, walked a bit, jogged some more, stopped to look at two deer that crossed our paths, jogged again, etc. It was great. In all we ran for 26 minutes and 30 seconds. This included running up Pottery road, the only street running we did the entire time.

My body feels OK this morning. I did some leg weights at the gym before work and my groin/abdomen ailment is still there, but it doesn't hurt any more than it did before the run. Bonus!

I'm hoping to check out the trails again soon. And I can't wait until all of them are open come May so that we can explore the entire system.

Oh yeah. Here's a link to the pdf version of the above map for anyone who's interested.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home