Friday, September 23, 2011

Better Write SOMETHING, I Guess

Man, I've neglected this blog so much since my injury has resigned me to the sidelines (and upper body weight training) that I almost forgot both my user name AND password for Blogger. WTF?! It's my groin/lower abs that are injured, not my brain. Perhaps I had them x-ray and ultrasound the wrong part of my anatomy after all...

So, that last sentence is called "foreshadowing". In case you don't know what that means, you should now be thinking to yourself, "I think there was some imaging taking place in Wonky Ankle land." Indeed, you'd be right. After much trouble with my GP (who has out of nowhere grown a huge ego and caused him to deny any and all of my requests to figure out exactly what the Hell is wrong), I succeeded in seeing a sympathetic Physio, who sent me to a sympathetic Doctor, who actually checked me out rather than just prescribe me drugs based on my words alone, and gave me a requisition for x-rays and ultrasound imaging. I don't have the results yet, and to be honest I am not expecting them to reveal much, but at least that's the step that my jerk GP wouldn't take to find the source of what ails me.

The general area of the pain made the ultrasound sessions (there were two thanks to the flunky receptionist who didn't read the requisition form correctly and booked me for just one the first time) rather embarrassing. Let's just say that cold goop in the nether regions is not my idea of fun.

Anyway, there it is. And now not only have I updated my blog, but I've also reacquainted myself with my Blogger credentials.

Happy Day!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

Sorry to hear that your injury is still around. Getting ultrasound imaging and xray seems like a good idea, that way they can see exactly what is going on with your groin and lower body. Hopefully it will clear up soon, not sure what the imaging will reveal. If

September 26, 2011 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger West Grey Runner said...

Back in the spring things were progressing rather well. I thought for sure you would smash your Marathon PB this fall but that’s obviously not going to happen. Don’t get discouraged, take care of things and bounce back slowly.

September 27, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home