Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Up Yours, Groin Region

Yes, that's how I'm feeling right about now. Up Yours, You Stupid Groin! The capitalization is very necessary, thank you very little...

Also, I feel like renaming this blog "Waiting, Wonky Ankle and All". Or, "Sucking, Wonky Groin, Ankle, and All". Better yet, "CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!"

You get what I mean I suspect.

But for the sake of writing SOMETHING on here let me expand a bit. Last Friday I went out for my first run in a few weeks. It was hot out, I was creaky, and I wore my heart rate monitor to keep me honest. Although the heat meant that I went up over the intended 140bpm I did manage to keep things very slow and easy. It's not even worth noting just how slow, but if I'd been in a race with erosion I'd have lost.

Anyway, the run was pretty shitty. My Achilles on the right and heel on the left were OK, but just OK. My groin was nowhere near OK. As I ran the pathetic 5km it slowly began to dawn on me that this is a bigger problem than I'd previously allowed myself to admit.

Now I'm facing the worst case scenario given my goals for running: taking an extended break. This also means that more than likely I will not be able to run a Fall marathon. It also means that I should probably go see some professional about this. I'm scared to find out what the actual problem is and the words "stress fracture" keep rolling around in my head. The possibility is remote, but it's there nonetheless. More than likely I just pulled a muscle, wrenched a tendon, tore some tissue.

Whatever the case may be the result is the same. No running for the indefinite future.

And on top of all that I missed posting on what was my three year anniversary of this blog (July 28)!

Ah, yeah. Who cares...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

At least you still have your sense if humor. I've never thought of racing erosion. Running can be cruel to our bodies. Hopefully, you'll find a diagnosis and get on a plan for recovery. Happy blogiversary by the way.

August 3, 2011 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Bert said...

Sorry to hear about your injury issues! Three year blogging anniversary - great job!!

August 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home