Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Bit Off Topic

In light of my recent goal, and my general belief that people should treat each other with respect, I was rather embarrassed if not terribly surprised in the alleged actions of our recently elected Mayor, Rob Ford. For those not in the know he's the guy who seems to despise anything that actually helps people, believes our City is a business to be run for profit and for the benefit of the already affluent few, and couldn't really care less about what anyone else thinks.

I like living in Toronto. I think it's a terrific City, one of the best in the World. But if this guy has his way it's bound to fall down the list. I know this is a running blog, so to tie things together I hope Rob Ford does not RUN for re-election. Its' still more than three years down the road so at least, should he choose to do so, he has a lot of time to implement a good TRAINING PLAN. Goodness knows, to this observer it would seem that he could use one. Especially in the manners department.

(Photo: TANNIS TOOHEY/TORONTO STAR)

I don't think I'd be too pleased if I saw this guy flipping me off after I called him out for talking on his cell while driving, which is illegal in Ontario.

Well done, Mr. Ford. Well done.

(A quote from Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack popped into my head when I first saw the above photo: "Whoa, look at that one. Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.")

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nelly said...

Wow, not a good move by the mayor! Have you tried calling him on his cell phone to talk about city grievances? Hopefully the guy doesn't get re-elected then!

July 26, 2011 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Ha! That would be funny. Call him on his cell WHILE he's driving and see if he gets nabbed by the police. It would almost be worth my time.

Almost...

July 27, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home