Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I HATE Being Right Sometimes

My last post about marathon training being a struggle and how that will be my fate, blah blah blah? Yeah, I kind of hoped that it was just me being all sour grapes and that my body would (miraculously) prove me wrong and recover overnight or something like that.

Well, perhaps I should go into the fortune teller business because I am hurting people! The ole brain's been churning trying to figure out how to approach the next 15 weeks leading up to the Waterfront Marathon and I thought I'd just go slow and aerobic while staying true to the mileage requirements of Mr. Pfitzinger's plan.

This morning I did the required 13km General Aerobic run WITHOUT the 10X100m Strides. It was going well until my right Achilles started to act up something fierce with about 4km left to go. I tried my best to maintain whatever "form" I've been running with given all the wonkiness, but throughout the day the thing just kept getting worse. I hobbled to the gym for a nice upper body workout, which thankfully does not use the Achilles, and hobbled back to work. Biking hurts it as well.

Tomorrow morning my 8km recovery run is most definitely in jeopardy. In this state there would be nothing "recovery" about any distance.

Still hoping for that miraculous turnaround.

Stocking up on Ibuprofen.

Shit!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home