Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm Surprised

As I started out on my self-imposed plan of dietary restrictions (ie. no crap) I didn't know what to expect as fat as my body fat percentage was concerned. On top of that I haven't been able to run and, therefore, have likely been burning a lot less calories than I would had my injuries not happened. Although my workouts at the gym have been good and my indoor rowing has been aerobic for sure they only amount to about 3.5hrs of training per week. Pathetic, I know.

However, that being said I've been rather pleasantly surprised by the results after just one week of avoiding white bread, pasta, white rice, and crap in all of its processed forms. I didn't even have that treat on Sunday that I worked so hard to "earn" because I really didn't want it. I did have a whiskey sour while barbecuing on the back deck, so maybe that counts.

Anyway, last Sunday I started off weighing 191.7lbs, of which 19.5lbs were made of fat, accounting for 10.2% of my total weight.

This Sunday I weighed 188.8lbs, of which 17.6lbs were fat, accounting for 9.4%.

That's a huge difference in just seven days! I'm a bit concerned about losing nearly 3lbs overall, but almost 2lbs of that was fat so that's not too bad. I'd like to stay close to this body weight and the challenge will be adding muscle to replace the fat that I'm seemingly losing.

And in more updated news, when I stepped on the scale this morning the results were even better: 188.5lbs, 17.4lbs of which were fat, which makes my body fat percentage 9.3%. I've also started to track my hydration level since this will make the results from my voodoo scale more precise. I don't know if my body fat percentage readings are accurate, but I figure all things being equal the scale will at least be relative to itself.

The other thing I should mention is that I feel good too. I'm lifting well at the gym and I think if I was losing weight too rapidly I would notice it when trying to lift the same weight in my exercises. Instead, I'm actually getting stronger.

So, in summary, eating crap keeps fat on your body. Avoiding crap forces your body to burn said fat.

Oh yeah, the running is still on hiatus. I had thoughts of going out for a jog this past weekend, but I am not completely pain free. I'm not even close actually, so it may be a while yet...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

That's incredible!

July 26, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home