Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Famine to Feast

Well, the title of the post doesn't accurately describe what's actually been happening, but given that I haven't really been able to do anything resembling running since early Summer 2011 the past week has been a veritable feast!

On Friday Owen and I hit the Don Valley trails again for a short jaunt. I'm still amazed how much fun it is to run on dirt with trees on either side, or a steep drop off that could prove fatal should I trip. Exhilarating! The whole thing was only 17'42", but that's awesome based on recent history. I am jogging very gingerly and slowly, and with each step my optimism grows.

On Saturday I hit the sidewalks on my own for a jog down to the Danforth and back. It was once again slow, but pretty much pain free. 21'20" of fun!

Sunday the wife and I jogged together for 22'11". It was sidewalks again, not the preferable trails, but I'll take what I can get!

And then yesterday I managed to convince Owen to jog over to the school with me to get the younger one. Sidewalks for 15'24".

Count'em up: that's four days in a row of some sort of jogging/running! Not far, not fast, but it's a start! Today I go see the massage therapist again to get the scoop on how my body is holding up. In the meantime I'm scouring the web for local trails and even trail races suitable for the rookie types. Yay!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous AndrewENZ said...

Are you on DailyMile.com?

April 18, 2012 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Andrew: Thanks for the question. The answer is no I'm not on Daily Mile. I'll check it out, but I've been tracking my stuff elsewhere for the past three years so a switch would be monumental I think...

April 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home