Thursday, March 25, 2010

Backpacking Home from UofT

A quick post so that I can remember how I felt on yesterday's run home from UofT, where I am attending a course for a few days.

I was able to run a bit longer than the standard 8km (my usual distance when I run home from work on Wednesday) because we were let out a little before 4:30pm. As such, and given the nice weather, I decided to run nice and slow, but longer. Also, I had to carry a big backpack with all of the stuff that I would typically leave at the office. I checked after my run that it weighed a little over 10lbs, but it sure felt heavier while I was running. I managed a decently easy 11km and kept my average heart rate at 135bpm, though I think the multiple red lights along the way helped with that metric. While running the Garmin said my heart rate was in the high 130s, and did sneak up into the low 140s toward the end of the run. The pace was pretty slack at 6:11/km, but I kept it really consistent and that's okay as far as I am concerned. All in all, a good run. Can't wait to run again on Friday!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ace said...

Oh man, my feed was broken so I didn't realize I was missing my fix of wonkiness! Glad to see you back and running and training for a marathon!

March 26, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My feed for your blog hasn't been working either! Glad to hear things are going well with running. Hope you were able to get a nice run in today.

March 26, 2010 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

Thanks guys for letting me know about the RSS wonkiness. I think that with my redirecting of the blog from "wonkyankle.blogspot.com" to this URL the RSS feed got screwed up. I've modified the RSS feed link on the home page and hope that you are able to update your RSS readers. Much appreciated!

March 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home