Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November in brief

November has now come and gone. After 8 weeks of sedentary life, with a leg surgery that put me on my ass for a bit, the past month has seen me return to running, though in limited fashion I concede.

I have amassed a modest total of 50.3km of running for the month and have nearly reached 900km for the year, falling just 7km short of that mark. Though 1000km will not likely happen this year I am just happy to be running again and in the beginning stages of base building.

The other thing that all my time off has allowed me to do is to work on my leg strength. I continue to do lunges on a nightly basis and am slowly feeling the positive effects of this activity. On top of that, on days when I don't run, I spend at least a half-hour on a stationary bike. This has been good I'm sure, though my body weight has not budged, surprisingly. I find it hard to believe that the eight weeks of little activity (beyond biking to work and doing push ups and chin ups at home) has put an extra 15lbs onto my frame. I now hover just over 200lbs and that's the heaviest I've been in well over a year. I think that I am putting on muscle rather than fat, but it will be interesting to see what happens to my weight once my mileage gets higher in the coming months.

I look forward to a good December of running! This week I am taking it easy, trying to stick to my long term plan of giving my body a break every fourth week in an effort to stave off the multitude of nagging injuries that follow me around...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Happy December!

December 2, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home