Thursday, November 12, 2009

Out Again

Yesterday was both Remembrance Day and Polish Independence Day. The first is a chance for all to remember all those who served and or perish, or continue to serve, in the military. The second is a celebration of Poland becoming a country once more on November 11, 1918 after over 100 years of being partitioned between the likes of Prussia, Russia, and the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

And I went running again...

Monica and I both had the day off on account of Remembrance Day and I spent the morning studying for yet another exam, but in the early afternoon we drove down to the Beaches and did our little run-walk thing on the boardwalk. It was sunny, a bit windy at first, but it was a lot of fun to be jogging together. Like last time I ran a kilometre, walked a little, ran another, etc... until I managed to complete 3k. I felt pretty good, all things considered, though the achilles tendon on the right side feels tighter than I'd like it to on account of the wonky ankle, and all. I'm not too worried about it since my ankle has always improved the more I use it, and so I am planning to do another 3k jog either on Friday or Saturday.

It's the start of the long road back to proper training, but at least it's a start...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Feeny said...

One foot in front of the other, there's no better way to start. Cheers to new beginnings!

November 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home